Online - National 2022 LEAPS (Learning Eating Active Play Sleep)
About this training
Are your staff up to date with how to demonstrate the Get Up and Grow Guidelines in your setting?
Gain the knowledge, practical skills and confidence to implement the Get Up & Grow healthy eating and physical activity guidelines in your setting.
LEAPS is a professional development program specifically designed for early childhood educators.
Participants who successfully complete this course should be able to:
- Integrate Get Up & Grow messages into daily activities at their setting.
- Effectively convey Get Up & Grow messages to families/carers to implement in their daily lives to promote healthy growth and weight of Queensland children.
The LEAPS online course explores the Get up and Grow Guidelines. Content includes:
- How the Get up and Grow Guidelines fit in with the EYLF and NQS
- Infant feeding
- Healthy eating for 0-5 years
- Positive meal times
- Communicating with families
- Food safety
- Physical activity